If this is the first time you are seeing Dr. Sidney, you should plan on spending about 1-1 ½ hours. He will discuss your detailed health and heart history and spend time educating you about your condition, how it is treated and what to expect.
In order to get the most from your appointment, here are some things you can do to make your visit more meaningful:
- Check with your referring doctor
Make sure that all of your previous cardiac and electrophysiological records such as EKG, operations reports, echo reports, stress test and home monitoring results have been sent to our office. Our fax number is ( 843) 553-2122.
- Bring a list of your current medications
Include the name, dose, and frequency of use. A list of any medication allergies is also helpful.
- Carry a list of your health care providers
This will help ensure that communication between your cardiologist and all of your other care providers is complete.
- Compile a list of your past health history
- Compile a family health history of close blood relatives
- If you have them, bring in copies of any recent lab results and any other test results from the past year
- Write down a list of the questions you have about your condition and bring it with you to the appointment.